Aftercare is a key component to making your treatment a success, I can only perform the initial treatment, I need you to follow the aftercare advice. This will give the area the best possible recovery and lead to greater colour retention.
Your skin will be temporarily sensitised after the treatment and you should adhere to the following instructions for the next 5 days. This will help avoid infection and allow time for the skin to recover.
- Do not apply make-up to the treated areas during the 5 days following your treatment.
- Cleanse the treated area with water and a clean cotton bub
- Apply your supplied vitamin A&D cream as directed.
- Healing will take up to one week and it’s perfectly normal for there to be small scabbing on the treated areas, which will fall off within a few days.
- It is also normal for the colour to fade by up to 70% during the 2 weeks following treatment.
During the post-treatment period, please AVOID the following.
- Touching the treated area/s with your fingers
- Using soaps, cleansers, creams or makeup on the treated area/s
- Using any abrasive products such as rough towels or flannels or similar
- DO NOT TOUCH OR PICK the small scabs that may appear after treatment
- Having any kind of heat treatments such as saunas, steam rooms etc as the treated areas should be kept as dry as possible
- Exposing your skin to the sun or swimming (wear sunglasses)
- Using any form or bleach or hair removal products (depilatory)
- Should any infection occur, seek medical attention
Follow all of the general advise above, plus the following.
- Apply Vitimin A&D gel 3 times a day with a clean cotton bud
Follow all the general advice above, plus the following.
Due to the physical make up of the lips they will take longer to heal and to show the true extent of the colour, during this time don’t panic, everything you see is normal. (see healing process)
- Avoid hot and spicy food for about 2-3 days following treatment
- You should try using a straw for drink for 2-3 days following the procedure as it’s more comfortable.
- Apply A&D balm thinly for 5 days following treatment.
- Don’t pick any of the loose skin (shedding) during the healing process.
- Avoid any lip products or make up on the treated area for at least 7 days
AFTERCARE EYE LINER
Follow all of the general advice above, plus the following.
- A&D cream will be applied by your technician following your procedure
- You can use a wet cotton wool pad to gently wipe the eye area.
- Do not apply eye makeup for 7 days following treatment.